Innovative functions from Geberit
Geberit has a long history of innovation, and we are always looking to make the bathroom as comforting as can be. From creating the first concealed cistern in 1964, to bringing shower toilet technology to the European market with Geberit AquaClean, we have been at the forefront of bathroom innovation for over 140 years. Other innovations include touchless flushing, wall-hung toilets and integrated odour-extraction, giving you freedom to create the bathroom design of your dreams.
Take a look at some of our innovations in more detail below:
Perfect combination of hygiene & design
- Designed completely without a rim
- With the Rimfree design germs and deposits have no place to hide
- A patented flush technology ensures a hygienically optimal flush every time
- Easy to clean
- Perfect combination of hygiene and design
Special ceramic glaze: protection of the highest quality
Geberit has developed KeraTect, a protective glaze for ceramic appliances that ensures a beautiful surface, optimal hygiene and ease of cleaning.
- An extremely smooth, almost non-porous, surface
- The super-smooth surface prevents staining and makes it more difficult for dirt to stick
- Long-term protection with a high-gloss effect
- Geberit KeraTect glazing is standard in the Geberit Citterio and Geberit Xeno² bathroom series
- The Geberit KeraTect special glaze is applied in addition to the standard glaze and bonds permanently onto the ceramic at 1,250 degrees Celsius.
- The surface texture of the ceramic glaze can withstand extreme stresses, such as those caused by abrasive cleaning agents.
Nothing should disturb the perfect designs of a washbasin, not even an overflow hole. Geberit have designed the washbasin connector Clou – the prerequisite for modern design washbasins without an overflow hole – which is used in the Geberit Citterio and Geberit Xeno² bathroom series.
Benefits of this Clou system include:
- No concealed place where bacteria and dirt can hide
- Smooth ceramic surface, so it’s easy to clean
- No risk of overflowing
Geberit bathroom furniture is produced using high-quality and moisture-resistant wood based materials as standard. Medium-density fibreboard (MDF) is used, as well as high-density chipboard, ensuring the furniture withstand sprays of water and moisture.
In addition to washbasin cabinets, the ranges comprise semi-tall and tall bathroom cabinets for virtually any room layout as well as illuminated mirror elements and mirror cabinets in matching design series. Many clever details, such as the spatial arrangement of compartments and drawers or lighting, create practical storage space and make your visit to the bathroom a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
Five good reasons to choose a Geberit wall-hung WC:
- Very strong
No wobbling, no vibrating – strength-tested to withstand 400 kg of weight.
Installed 60 million times over the past 50 years, Geberit concealed WC systems represent the ultimate tried-and-tested solution.
- Easy to clean
With no pedestal and no cistern in front of the wall, it means that there is no place for bacteria to hide, and cleaning around and underneath the pan is simplified
- Simple maintenance
Maintenance is easy. Simply remove the flush plate for access to all important parts. Geberit stock spare parts for you for at least 25 years from the year of manufacture.
- Individual testing
Every Geberit cistern is individually tested to guarantee 100% water tightness.